New Life for a
The Madison Theatre was built in 1917 at a cost of $500,000… a hefty price tag for a theatre in Detroit back then. It seated over 1,800 and at the time was the largest of the theatres in Detroit’s former theatre district, Grand Circus Park. In 1984, the Madison closed for good. In 2011, Dan Gilbert’s Rock Ventures purchased the building and transformed it into a collaborative tech hub to encourage partnerships among entrepreneurs.